Friday, July 20, 2012

"faith, hope, love" card

Got a wedding to go to tomorrow...


{Oops about the crooked scans lately... this is the best I could get after many attempts.  I would take photos of my projects, but this is faster and shows more detail than my camera usually does when taking pictures of text!}

And here's the inside...



I also made a gift tag (just showing a slightly different way to color/embellish the same image):




Supplies:
I took color (black, white, hint of yellow) and pattern (flower pattern) inspiration from the wedding invitation.  The rest is pretty straightforward!  Both images were colored with Copic markers (which I just got this week after much deliberation and finding a big discount sale --pretty happy with 'em so far!).  I layered the main image (the edges were sanded) on a black cardstock mat, layered on top of a stamped strip (the floral background stamp is about 2" by 2.5"; all I did was stamp, trim, cut the cardstock in half, and splice the halves together to make a strip behind the image).  For the verse, I stamped and then sanded/inked the edges in black.  All that was was layered on a pre-embossed white card from DCWV.  As finishing touches, I added a section of white tulle tied with shiny white embroidery floss to add texture to the dress (I borrowed this idea from a Google Images search of cards made with this stamp; I can't take credit for it!).  I also added some detail with glittered/silver Sakura gel pens. The handwriting on the tag was done with a Sharpie pen. 

Stamps:
Happy Couple -- Stampendous/
Verse quote -- Stampabilities/
flower background -- Prima/
inside sentiment -- All Night Media/
Wedding Rings -- Rubber Stampede/

Thanks for taking a look! ~ Amanda B., the manderbean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment