Sunday, September 23, 2012
"Olympic dreams" card
So...I started this card while the Olympics were going on. That just shows you how busy a teacher's life can get...in my defense, I was doing lots of crafty SuperHero-themed decorations for my classroom. :) My idea was inspiration from Gabby Douglas and the USA women's gymnastics teams -- since her nickname is "the Flying Squirrel", I thought it would be fun to use my squirrel stamp. Plus, the tree branches could double as parallel bars. Pretty clever, in my humble opinion!
Supplies:
I created the background scene with a cloud background stamp. I hand-cut the tree trunk and the hills on the ground. Coloring was done with Copic markers -- I am getting better at using them! I also added Sakura souffle pen to the squirrel's paw prints, clear glaze to her eyes, and a pink sparkly star as a bracelet. A little red, white, and blue twine, a little of my own handwriting ("big") -- and a lot of careful cutting -- and this one makes me grin!
Stamps:
Squirrel, branches/leaves, two birds -- Paper Smooches/
sentiment and dream bubble -- KI Memories/
Olympic "rings" (letter "O") -- Studio G/
clouds (background stamp) -- Hero Arts/
Thanks for taking a look!
~ Amanda B., the manderbean :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment